In 1909 a Scout Group was founded in Hurdsfield, drawing together the individual patrols which were active in the area. This group was initially registered as 4th Macclesfield.
In 1948 the 1st Macclesfield (Hurdsfield Parish Church) Group was founded and the name 1st HURDSFIELD PARISH CHURCH adopted by choice. Originally the Group met in Trinity Square School, and had a den at Red House Farm. Building a new Scout Hall was a key aim of the Group. In 1958, under the leadership of Derek Davenport (who joined us in 1950 and devoted himself to the Group and District Scouting), the land was acquired and the project began. Scouts, Leaders and parents all helped and the Hall was eventually opened in 1967.
We have been a fully active Group ever since, and still use our Hall on a weekly basis. We try to be as integrated into our local community as possible, and have been closely linked to Holy Trinity Church, Hurdsfield since our inception.
A number of our scouts have gained their Queens Scout Badge (the highest award in Scouting), and many have attended international camps and World Jamborees.
As with any Scout Group we rely heavily on the hard work and dedication of a team of Leaders who give their own time freely to provide a great programme of acvtivities to our members. We are always keen to expand, and also to welcome any adults who would like to contribute to the Group in any way.